DON'T MEDITATE YET? DISCOVER WHY MEDITATION COULD BE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT TOOL
by KAT RIOS·
- 3 min. reading -
Now more than ever, mental health is extremely important. We all have different kinds of fears and worries. COVID brought many of them into our lives because of how our day to day was affected and the way in which it impacted our friends and family. For this reason, incorporating a relaxing practice like this is key to staying mentally healthy in times of difficulty or high stress.
Meditation opens the door to the present moment and this is where calm resides. Because when we are really present we realize that not everything is so bad. We're still breathing, the sun is still shining, and we understand that some of our biggest fears aren't happening and are just fictional stories playing out in our heads. Even a small amount of meditation can go a long way. 5-10 minutes a day can calm your mind and get you into a clearer state of mind to take on all the new challenges that come our way.
Here are some basic tips:
- Incorporate into your routine some easy exercises that can be done at any time and from anywhere and that also require little time, so that the lack of it does not become an excuse. Try them and you will notice the positive impact on your mental state.
- Drop your expectations and let go of what you want meditation to do for you. Meditation almost works best if you can approach it in the complete opposite way that we approach most things in our lives. That is to say, when we are going to learn a new skill, a diet or start practicing an exercise, we set objectives or goals around it. This works great for getting things done at work or in other kinds of activities, but progression with meditation comes the more willing you are to surrender and open up. Let go of all your expectations and just trust the process.
- Feeling comfortable during your meditation practice can also make a big difference, look for soft clothes that adapt to your body, such as our Juana set with a second skin effect with which you can adopt any position and allow you to focus on what is important.
- A common misunderstanding with meditation is that when you realize you're wandering, most people think they're doing it wrong at the time. This becomes a snowball that leads us to feel frustrated, but it is not like that, it is that precise moment in which you realize that your mind has drifted, when you have become more aware of yourself and This is definitely something to celebrate. So when this happens, and it sure will, you just have to acknowledge it, let it go, and refocus on what you were concentrating on.
Currently there are endless apps, videos and podcasts that help you introduce yourself to the practice of meditation. Look for the one with which you feel most comfortable and identified, start with short practices and gradually add minutes.
I particularly liked Depak Chopra's 21-day meditation with JBalvin a lot at the time and it's also totally free, so it can be an easy way for you to try it and start meditating.
Remember that the more willing you are to surrender to your process the more its magic will work.
Start practicing and please leave me your comments. I will be delighted to read you and know that you have given yourself this gift.
Nice week AAINERS!
- VICTORIA BLACK LEGGING$83.00
- ANDY CAMEL SWEATSHIRT$69.00
- ASIA BROWN LONG SLEEVE TOPfrom $66.00
Leggings in summer? YES PLEASE!!!If you are one of those who, like me, loves her leggings and is not willing to give them up even in summer, surely you are already thinking about ...
Mindful Breathing...- 3 min. Reading - Recharge your inner battery Hello again AAINERS… This week I would like us to talk about inner peace and how to escape for ...
Do you have dull skin? These could be some of the causes- 3 min. Reading - When we talk about skin, we know that it changes all the time. It may look one way one day and then another the next. We liv...